- 750g bakers flour
- 600ml warm water
- 20g dried yeast
- 20g salt
- 1 leg of lamb, butterflied
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dried Greek oregano
- Freshly cracked pepper and sea salt
- 1 lemon sliced finely
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce (tomatoes, garlic cooked down until sauce like consistency)
- Red onion, sliced
- Fresh mint
- Tzatziki (grated cucumber, yoghurt, garlic & lemon juice)
- Mozzarella (fresh)
- Danish feta
- Pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Homemade pickled lemons (as above)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, roasted
Mix together in a KitchenAid mixer with a hook attachment for about 10 minutes, until the dough is a sticky ball. Set aside and cover with a tea towel.
Slice lemon finely and sprinkle with sale and set aside for 1-2 hours. Wipe off excess salt and place under olive oil and keep overnight. Combine remaining marinade ingredients in a bowl and run all over lamb. Allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then place on the BBQ. Cook for 15-20 mins each side or until cooked (when the juices run clear) remove, cover & set aside to rest.
Roll out pizza dough and smooth over a little tomato sauce, dot with mozzarella. Place onto the pizza stone. Cook for a few minutes until golden & cooked on the base, remove onto a pizza plate & top with sliced lamb, slice onion and sprinkle with fresh mint, lemon slices, cherry tomatoes, Danish feta, pine nuts and a good dollop of tzatziki.